January:
I started getting serious about working out and improving my body and my health. It was a good decision and an awesome habit to start.
I started planning that wedding of mine. Big things.
February:
I fell down the stairs, ended up with a brutally sprained ankle and my wonderful roommates/friends took care of my for a few weeks while I hobbled my way around campus on crutches.
Three years with that boy happened, and being engaged sent me into a whirlwind of emotions as I dealt with the fact that I would be getting married and moving far far away at the same time, (lots of laughing one minute and crying the next).
March:
I flew down South and realized that that place would be my home. And that home had a new definition I was (and am still) wrapping my head and my heart around.
I dove into my second semester of junior year and my final semester of pre-student teaching before my senior year of full-time student teaching.
Still learning a ton in life. The usual.
April:
Monster. Mama. Mountain pies. Friends.
Pennsylvania bonfires and the emergence of Spring.
Spring on campus. Working hard doing graduate work during undergraduate classes (naturally, right?) Spending more time with friends and counting down the days to a seemingly unattainable finish line.
May:
Listening to my Creator in working through insecurities and imperfections; both physical and emotional. Came home after an exhausting end of the most-difficult year and semester. Struggled to find a job and somehow manage emotions of my last summer home.
Left for three weeks to Northern Ireland, a trip I hesitated going on.
June:
Spent three weeks among the green grass of Northern Ireland/Dublin for an educational trip with my school. Struggled a whole lot the entire time with patience, insecurity, trust and whatever God was teaching me. Saw some of the most beautiful landscape and learned a whole lot about a country I'd never knew much about before. I wouldn't say I regret the trip, but I would like a re-do under different circumstances.
July:
Still jobless. Increasingly restless.
Full wedding planning mode. And practicing-how-to-be -a-wife-mode activated.
August:
Spent time with my love, soaking in the final rays of summer before going back to school.
![]() |
| Nick Benson Photography |
Accomplished a ton of wedding things and took our engagement pictures!
![]() |
| Nick Benson Photography |
Said goodbye again.
September:
Fully embraced my last Northern Fall.
Started student teaching with the best class of third graders.
October:
Student teaching got increasingly more difficult emotionally.
Still learning...
November:
Somehow made it to Thanksgiving Break.
And into the hundreds!!!
December:
Realized that this was happening. Whoa..
Said a tearful goodbye to "my" class.
Then had a wonderful Christmas with family and my love!
Hello 2014!





































No comments:
Post a Comment